These turkey, apple and thyme balls are easy and delicious either plain as a snack or as a main with a sauce. Add some zucchini noodles and you have a yummy dish!
I think I need to start seeing a professional about my obsession with cooking food in ball shapes! It’s just easy to make really. You throw a few things together, put them in a ball shape and voila! Something to have with a sauce or by themselves as a snack. For this creation I was thinking about stuffing ball ingredients and threw them in a bowl, made some ball shapes and voila! Although I used turkey, pork would go with these flavours too.
The Chief Taster loved them, and he said the apple was not overpowering but gave it a slight sweet taste to it. What do I really know…I am a vegetarian and rely on his opinion for my meat and fish dishes…! Serve with a sauce or as a snack for lunch perhaps?
Perhaps you could roll this out into sausage shapes and fry up for breakfast for brunch. They would probably bake better in the oven though.
- 1 onion, peeled and grated
- 1 apple, peeled and grated
- 500g turkey mince
- 1/2 tspn garlic powder
- 1 tblspn Thyme
- 2 -3 Tblspns coconut flour (I use coconut flour as a binding agent..you could use the flour of your choice for this)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Mould into ball shapes and place upon a greased tray or oven dish.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until slightly golden on top.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Nutritional Info per ball - 82 Calories, 4g Fat, 7g Protein, 5g Total Carbs, 2g Fibre, 3g Net Carbs