A strawberry and coconut cake made with coconut flour. Flavoured with lime, this is a perfect cake for a summers day.
This cake could be cooked into two pieces (if you doubled up the recipe) and placed together as a Victoria sponge, but I just baked one level this time. It is a lovely soft sponge and baked with the wonderful coconut flour.
As well as using coconut flour, there are other coconut ingredients such as oil and milk which gives the cake a slight coconut taste. Combined with strawberries and lime, it gives a lovely light summery cake. You could feed this to "flour eaters" and they would never know the difference! I slathered mine with whipped cream and decorated with strawberries. It was delicious!
To be honest, I think the only thing that the chopped strawberries in the sponge give is added moisture, as cooked strawberries do not give any additional flavour to the cake. They just combine well with the lime and coconut flavours. But adding them on top definitely gives an added zing to the cake!
Strawberry, Coconut and Lime Cake
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Whisk the eggs, coconut milk, vanilla, lime juice and zest together.
- Add the coconut oil and erythritol and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients and blend well.
- Pour the ingredients into a cake pan and bake for 35-40 minutes until firm and golden on top.
- Once cool, slather with cream and top with strawberries (or top as you want)