This is a great alternative to the traditional pasta lasagna and users layers of thin aubergine (eggplant) instead. I loved the blend of spinach and ricotta too. A gorgeous filling meal with no carbs! Take that pasta!! I make my own tomato sauce but if you wanted to cheat you could use ready bought…but I will be judging you……..
1 10 oz frozen spinach, defrosted
1 Eggplant (Aubergine), thinly sliced
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup Feta cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 tspn ground nutmeg
1/4 tspn white pepper
2 cups tomato sauce
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F degrees.
- Mix the spinach, ricotta, feta, egg and spices. Season to taste.
- Put a layer of the aubergine (eggplant) at the bottom of a greased baking dish.
- Spread some of the spinach over the aubergine and cover in a layer.
- Cover this layer with a few large spoonfulls of tomato sauce.
- Repeat the layers until used up.
- Sprinkle the top with the Parmesan cheese and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!