Savoury egg muffins are a great breakfast, lunch or snack. Use a filling that you like too.
Sometimes breakfast can become mundane on a low carb diet as it just seems to be an endless routine of eggs. The solution? Jazz them up and cook them in other forms rather than the trusty omlette. You can use a variety of vegetables such spinach, tomatoes, onions, pepper, courgettes and various cheeses. You could even add some form of meat...but I don't do that. I sometimes cook these the night before so we have something to munch in the morning if we are a rush and don't have time to cook. Nothing like being organised and thinking ahead. It's what I am paid to do and it sometimes creeps into real life.
Spinach/onions/peppers/tomatoes/what ever you wish
Cheese - Feta/Cheddar/Parmesan
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 200C/400F degrees
- If you are using spinach or onions, cook them in a frying pan gently until cooked.
- Beat the eggs, then add the vegetables and cheese.
- Pour into greased muffin tins (or small mini bread tins)
- Cook for about 20 mins until they are golden brown and firm.
- Eat and enjoy!