This is so simple to make and is just delicious. Roasting the cauliflower and broccoli gives the soup a nice caramalized flavour and a creamy texture. You could throw the veggies in the oven when you get home from work, change, freshen up and the veggies would be ready for glorious soup!
1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
1/2 head broccoli, cut into florets
1 small onion, peeled and chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
500 ml stock
1 tblspn olive oil
salt and pepper
Grated Parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees
- Place in the broccoli and cauliflower in a roasting tin and drizzle over the olive oil. Roast for about 30 minutes, until the cauliflower is golden.
- Gentle saute the onions and garlic in a saucepan for 4-6 minutes, until soft.
- Add the cauliflower, broccoli and stock. Season to taste.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend in a food processor or with a hand processor.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top when you serve (optional)
- Slurp, eat and enjoy!