I whipped this up for a quick-lunch and probably ate it at record speed. The sweetness of the beetroot with the creamy, saltiness of the blue cheese is just divine! If blue cheese is too strong for your tastes, perhaps a milder cheese like Brie would be better for you.
As ever with handling beetroot, be aware your hands will be stained a bright pink colour. Wear gloves when you prepare them if you are out in public later!
I roasted them until they had a slight crunch but you could have this dish raw. Or roast them to an inch of their life until they are crunchy!
Roasted Beetroot Noodles with Blue Cheese
2 medium sized beetroots, peeled
50g blue cheese, crumbled
handful of almonds, chopped
2 tblspn coconut oil (or oil of your choice)
1/2 tspn salt
1/2 tsn pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Place the beetroot in a spiraliser and churn away to make noodles.
- Line a baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Place the beetroot noodles in a bowl and drizzle with the oil. Gently toss the noodles in the oil and season with the salt and pepper.
- Place the noodles on the baking tray and bake for 10 minutes (longer if you want them crispier).
- Remove from the oven and stir in the blue cheese.
- Serve with the almonds on top.
- Eat and enjoy!
Nutritional info per serving – 241 calories, 22g Fat, 7g Protein, 6g Carbs, 1g Fibre, 5g Net Carbs
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss a recipe!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun!