This cheesecake recipe combines rhubarb and ginger. A great gluten free cheesecake for dessert which is also low carb.
I just love cheesecake and this is a nice basic one with a rhubarb and ginger topping. The heat of the ginger and the tartness of the ginger goes very well with the creaminess of the cheesecake mixture. The base is low carb and is made out of ground almonds. This did not last long in the fridge at all! I use a sugar subsitute, but feel free to use the one of your choice.
I keep this low carb by using ground almonds and butter instead of crushed biscuits. It is a nice base and the chief taster moaned that there was not enough of it (no pleasing some people at times). For the cheesecake mixture, I simply emptied a few tubs, mixed it together and voila! A very creamy mixture that was delicious. Easy to make, easier to eat!
1 1.2 cup ground almonds
1/4 cup melted butter
1 – 2 tspns erythritol
2 tspns ground ginger
2 – 3 large sticks rhubarb, finely chopped
2 cms grated fresh ginger
1/4 cup erthyritol/coconut sugar
2 tubs cream cheese
1 tub ricotta
1 juice and rind lemon
1 small tub creme fraiche
1/4 cup erthyritol
1 tspn vanilla essence
- Mix all the base together until blended well. Press down in a springform cake tin base and put in refrigerator.
- Put all the topping ingredients in a pan and gently heat until the rhubard is cooked through. Cool and put aside.
- Put all the filling ingredients in a bowl and mix well until blended and smooth.
- Spoon the filling on top of the base and smooth evenly.
- Place the rhubard topping over the cheesecake and chill in the refrigerator for at least and hour.
- Eat and enjoy!