Pumpkin coconut ice makes a healthy and tasty treat and is easy to make.
This tastes so sweet as if it is too bad for you and your hips but it is a simple dish of coconut and pumpkin. Nothing bad at all! It reminds me a bit of the coconut ice sweet I used to make as a young girl but this is much better for you as it is not a mouthful of processed sugar!
I use the creamed coconut blocks to make this. If you don’t have them, try some creamed coconut as that should work. The joy of pumpkin…it just keeps giving!
- 1 cup (60g) Cream coconut block
- 3/4 cup (184g) Pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup Ground Erythritol or sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon All Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Heat the coconut cream and pumpkin puree in a saucepan over a low heat.
- When the coconut cream has melted, add the sweetener, spices, salt and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased square brownie pan. Cover with parchment paper and refrigerate overnight or freeze for 1-2 hours.
- Cut when cold into squares.
- Eat and enjoy!