Pumpkin coconut ice makes a healthy and tasty treat and is easy to make.
This tastes so sweet as if it is too bad for you and your hips but it is a simple dish of coconut and pumpkin. Nothing bad at all! It reminds me a bit of the coconut ice sweet I used to make as a young girl but this is much better for you as it is not a mouthful of processed sugar!
I use the creamed coconut blocks to make this. If you don't have them, try some creamed coconut as that should work. The joy of pumpkin...it just keeps giving!
Pumpkin Coconut Ice
- 1 cup (60g) Cream coconut block
- 3/4 cup (184g) Pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup Ground Erythritol or sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon All Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Heat the coconut cream and pumpkin puree in a saucepan over a low heat.
- When the coconut cream has melted, add the sweetener, spices, salt and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased square brownie pan. Cover with parchment paper and refrigerate overnight or freeze for 1-2 hours.
- Cut when cold into squares.
- Eat and enjoy!