Pumpkin cheesecake surrounded by a low carb shortcake cookie cup makes a delicious sweet treat.
I used a mini muffin tin to bake these pumpkin cheesecake cookie cups as the dough can be a bit delicate to handle when warm. Plus. I wanted a mini treat that I could pop into my mouth.
The cookie cup is baked with coconut flour and is delicious enough to eat by itself. I’ve used this recipe for my yummy strawberry shortcake cups so thought that I would try a pumpkin version. I added some pumpkin spice to the dough to go with the pumpkin. It’s not over powering but just gives it a slight lift in flavour.
These pumpkin cheesecake cookie cups are only 1.5g net carbs each, as well as being gluten free. You would never know that you are happily munching on a healthy treat as they taste too good.
Once you bake the cookie cup cases, allow them to cool and place in the fridge to firm up otherwise you may find that you have a batch of cookie crumbs. After assembly, they should be stored in the fridge.
I sprinkled cocoa powder over the top of mine to serve for an extra flavour and a slight dash of colour. Piping whipped cream on top would be a delicious option too. My piping skills are pretty awful so I didn’t dare try it for these!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookie Cups
- 1/2 cup (56g) Coconut flour
- 1/4 cup (107g) Erythritol or sweetener
- 1/2 cup (113g) Butter, unsalted softened
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin spices
- 1/2 cup (122g) Pumpkin puree tinned
- 2 tablespoons Cream heavy/whipping
- 6 oz (168g) Cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin spice
- 2 tablespoons Erythritol or sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Grease a mini muffin tin well.
- In a bowl, mix the coconut flour, pumpkin spice, erythritol, baking powder and salt together.
- Add the butter, egg and vanilla and mix into a dough.
- Roll the dough into 20 balls.
- Press the dough balls into the case making sure that there is a large “well” in the middle and spreading the edges out.
- Poke them gently with a fork to stop them rising like a muffin.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden and firm.
- Remove and set aside to cool.
- Gently remove the shortcake cups from the tin. If they start to crumble, place them in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to harden.
- Blend the pumpkin erythritol, cream cheese, pumpkin spices, vanilla extract and double cream until smooth
- Pipe into the cookie cases. Or spoon it in.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: Check on Amazon