Another bright and colourful soup! Visually vibrant and a fragrant soup which can be served hot or cold, depending upon the seasons! Green peas are one of the most nutritious leguminous vegetables, rich in health benefiting phyto-nutrients, minerals, vitamins and anti-oxidants. The addition of mint lifts the flavour of the peas and gives a fresh taste to the soup.
Low fat, high fibre, low carb and full of nutrition, the soup is a bowl of goodness! Plus I like the bright colour! You may need sunglasses to look at it…
- 2 tblspn coconut oil (or the oil of your choice)
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 350g grean peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tspn salt
- 1/4 tspn pepper
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the shallots. Saute until soft.
- Add the peas, herbs and stock and bring to the boil.
- Cover, simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend until smooth. Season.
- Serve, slurp and enjoy!
Serves 2 -4