Orange cheesecake chocolate brownies that are a delicious combination of citrus cheesecake and chocolate brownie.
Once the Chief Taster had munched his first square he declared that this is what I should bake all the time so expect a few flavour variations soon enough!
He now also declared that brownies should be at the bottom of a cheesecake. I think I may have a battle on my hands...;) I have another brownie and cheesecake recipe where I baked a cheesecake on top of a brownie mixture but this time swirled the two mixtures together and it was just as delicious.
You will need to have some self-control as they taste better after a couple of hours. Even better the next day, if any are left over! I baked these in a 8 inch square baking tin and cut them into 9 large pieces. If you are counting carbs, cut them into smaller pieces. The nutritional information is at the bottom of the recipe.
Orange Cheesecake Chocolate Brownie
- 8 oz Cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup erythritol finely ground
- Juice & rind of 1 orange
- Place the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Gently stir until melted and remove from the heat once melted.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F/180C degrees.
- Grease and line a baking tin with greaseproof paper (I used a 8 inch square tin)
- Place the cheesecake ingredients in a bowl and mix well under smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the melted chocolate and butter mixture and blend well.
- In another bowl, add the remaining dry ingredients and stir to mix.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the dry ingredients and mix.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture into the cake tin.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture on top of the chocolate mixture in the cake tin.
- With a knife, place it into the mixture and swirl, blending the two mixtures. (It should leave a swirl patter).
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool at room temperature, then place in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Eat and enjoy!