My obsession with using turnips instead of potatoes continues…this time in a form of a frittata. It passed the husband test as he promptly helped himself to another piece after the first one. The wonders of turnip, yet again!
2 large onions, thinly sliced
3 large turnips, peeled and thinly sliced
3 tblspn olive oil
75g Cheddar Cheese, grated
8 eggs, beaten
1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
1 tspn garlic powder
salt and pepper
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan. Gently fry the turnips until golden on both sides. Remove, season the turnips with the garlic powder, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Gently fry the onions for about 5 minutes, until softened in the remaining half of the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cheese to the beaten eggs and season with the salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked turnips to the onions, pour the egg and cheese mixture over and cook on a low heat.
- Preheat the grill.
- When the frittata is quite firm, put it under the grill to cook the top for about 3-5 minutes until golden and firm.
- Eat and enjoy!