Pizza bomb bites made with a low carb and gluten free dough that ooze out Marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese. If you are a fan of pizza you will love these little bombs of pizza bites.
I had seen pizza bomb bites on Pinterest and vowed to make a low carb version after mopping up my drool from the keyboard. So, one Sunday afternoon I set to work in the kitchen with one of my favourite low carb dough recipes, grated Mozzarella cheese and a dollop of Marinara sauce.
Something wonderful happened in the kitchen and my vision worked out perfectly first time. We devoured them with joy and put them immediately on the list of “make it again!”. The dough encased Marinara sauce and Mozzarella cheese and each bite truly is a little pizza bomb. Pizza bombs are easy, bite sized servings of pizza in a mini encased snack.
I was using my new silicon mini muffin tin but a regular mini muffin tin would work. It just meant that I didn’t have to grease it up and the pizza bombs just popped out in their teeny tiny balls of perfection.
You could fill the pizza bombs with the filling of your choice. I settled on something neutral for both of us as I would normally have jalapenos or olives on my pizza but the Chief Taster would have chicken. We don’t share pizza which probably explains the 26 years we have happily been together.
Pizza Bomb Bites
When making these pizza bomb bites I would recommend that you push the cheese in and try to pack it in the tiny space that you have. Don’t leave any space for air and pack it with cheese and fillings. Perhaps place a piece of Pepperoni on top as you bake it. It would look pretty, but as we both don’t eat that, it was out. Even for decent photos. Personally, if I had a tray of my own to myself I would put slices of Jalapeno on top. The next time I bake these, I should do half the batch for me and half for the Chief Taster. That way everyone is happy.
Since these pizza bomb bites are made from coconut flour and psyllium husk powder they are very filling due to the fibre content. We happily munched a tray of these between us on that happy Sunday afternoon. Along with another plate of low carb snacks and that was us set for the day. We were too full to eat anything else and I got the evening off from the kitchen. A great day of deliciousness thanks to these delicious pizza bomb bites.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
Pizza Bomb Bites
- 6 teaspoons Marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese for topping grated
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees
- Make the dough, place all the dry ingredients in a bowl and blend well.
- Add the oil and egg and stir until combined.
- Add the boiling water, gradually until you have a dough. Firm up with your hands.
- Roll out the dough by placing it on a piece of parchment paper, place another piece of parchment paper on top, then roll out. Cut out circles to cover the muffin tin spaces (I used a wine glass, but a large cookie cutter would do too).
- Place the circles in a greased mini muffin tin and ensure that all the sides are covered with the dough.
- Place about ¼ teaspoon of the Marinara sauce into each bomb.
- Add Mozzarella cheese, pushing down until the bomb is full.
- Gently squeeze the top edges of the dough together so that the dough forms little balls.
- Sprinkle the tops with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is firm and golden.
- Eat and argue over the last one!