A riccotta cake baked and flavoured with citrus and decorated with berries making this a light and healthy dessert.
I used lemon and lime for the flavours of this crustless pie but you could try it with orange too...or add a spice or two? Go crazy and make it your own! I love it when readers play around and create something delicious!
This is a delicious way to cook with Ricotta and gives you an lovely crustless "pie". Low carb and gluten fre delight for dessert! It is a lovely change to a cheesecake and I like to serve it with berries on the top. Mainly because I love the flavour combination of zesty citrus with berries. Yum!
Lemon & Lime Ricotta Pie
- 15 oz Ricotta cheese
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Lemon, zest & juice
- 1 Lime, zest & juice
- ⅔ cup erythritol/xylitol
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Separate the eggs.
- Whisk the egg whites until firm.
- Combine the other ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the egg whites
- Line a baking tin with parchment paper.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 25 minutes until firm and golden on top.
- Chill for at least 90 minutes and serve with berries of choice on top. (optional).
- Eat and enjoy!
This recipe was originally published in 2012. I've updated the photos.