A chicken dish that the husband enjoyed. Probably as I have not cooked chicken for a week or so..oops! Full of lemon and herb flavours and is another dish that could also be cooked on the bbq. Until the weather here cools down (a few more weeks to go) we forgo the bbq and baked this in the oven.
4 chicken breasts
2 tblspn lemon zest
1/3 cup lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tblspn thyme (chopped, fresh or dried)
2 tblspn rosemary (chopped, fresh or dried)
2 -3 tblspn butter, melted
salt and pepper
- Place lemon juice, lemon peel, garlic, thyme, rosemary in a bowl and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make cuts across the chicken breasts so that the marinade can asborb. Pour the lemon marinade over the chicken, cover and place in the refridgerator and marinade for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F degrees.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and place in a baking dish. Brush the melted butter over the chicken.
- Bake for 50 minutes, baste half way through with the rest of the marinade and cook until the chicken is cooked through, the juices running clear.
- Let rest, covered in foil for 10 minutes before serving.
- Eat and enjoy!