Try a keto zucchini cheese muffin for a savoury breakfast or even on the go. A great low carb and gluten free savoury muffin that is baked with coconut flour.
Back in 2011 when we lived in Dubai, I was initially trying to bake a savoury muffin and had a complete disaster with almond flour which surprised me. Almond flour makes a great sweet muffin so I thought it would be just as easy to make a savoury muffin.
After throwing two batches in the bin, I turned to my favourite low carb flour, coconut flour. Finally, I had a savoury keto zucchini muffin I could work with! Moist, savoury, cheesy…exactly what I was hoping for. As ever, because they are made with coconut flour, they are very high in fibre so you have to be careful with the amount you eat…wolf the whole lot down and you will have a very, very full stomach..
The zucchini helps to keep it moist and ensures that the eggs used are less than usually used with coconut flour. Coconut flour acts like a sponge and needs a lot of moisture. It’s not too egg and has a slight pizza taste to it which is probably due to the mixture of the herbs and the cheese.
WATCH THE RECIPE
Keto Zucchini Cheese Muffin
When I first baked this low carb muffins, I was so happy with them that I used to sell them at a Dubai Farmer’s market. Although it as a lot of work the night before it was fun selling them and meeting people. My stall was a gluten free one, as back then, the website was known as Divalicious in Dubai. Obviously moving meant a name change!
Keto Zucchini Cheese Muffins
- 4 Eggs
- 11/2 cups Zucchini grated
- 1/4 cup Butter melted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup Coconut flour
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Thyme
- 1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese (for the topping) grated
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Whisk the eggs, butter and water.
- Add the coconut flour, salt and baking powder and mix well.
- Add in the zucchini, thyme and oregano.
- Add in the Parmesan cheese and blend.
- Put the mixture into muffin cups and sprinkle the grated Cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden on top and firm.
- Eat and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: Check on Amazon
- Price: Out of stock