These moist and delicious keto strawberry muffins are a delicious sweet treat that are also gluten free. A tasty cheesecake Struesel cake in a muffin form helps with portion control.
These healthy strawberry muffins are made with layers of a soft coconut flour cake batter, chopped strawberries, a smooth vanilla cheesecake and then topped with a cinnamon crumble. A great deal of flavour and texture in a tasty muffin you can enjoy for breakfast or a sweet treat.
SUGAR-FREE, GLUTEN FREE, KETO MUFFINS
Although these keto strawberry muffins are utterly delicious cold, I must confess that I ate one when they were still warm as I couldn’t wait. They are great warm but will be very soft. Try one warm, then try another later when cold and judge for yourself! If you prefer them warm you can quickly zap the muffin in the microwave later. The Chief Taster preferred his cold, so our house was divided. When your domestic arguments are about a hot versus a cold muffin, it’s not a bad life!
STRAWBERRIES ON KETO
The strawberries give this muffin the perfect taste of summer for a sweet breakfast muffin. Strawberries are allowed on a low carb keto diet in moderation. As well as having a natural sweetness they have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits.
LOW CARB MUFFINS WITH COCONUT FLOUR
The coconut flour bakes to give you a light and fluffy gluten free muffin with my trick of whisking the egg whites separately. It’s my favourite way of baking with coconut flour as it gives a light result every time.
HOW TO STORE KETO STRAWBERRY MUFFINS
The best way to store these muffins is in an airtight container in the fridge. Since they have a cheesecake layer they need to be kept in the fridge. Although I think they are best the day they are made, they will keep in the fridge for a couple of days. Give them a new lease of life it too dry after a couple of days by heating them in the microwave.
MORE KETO CRUMBLE CAKE RECIPES:
Strawberry Cheesecake Struesel Muffins
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup erythritol
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C/375F degrees.
- Line a muffin tin with cases (if they don’t have a liner, lightly spray them with oil)
- In a bowl, mix the erythritol and butter together until soft and blended.
- Add the egg yolks and vanilla extract and stir thoroughly.
- Add the coconut flour, salt, baking powder and beat until combined.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the cake mixture.
- In a bowl, add the softened cream cheese and beat with the erythritol
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- For the topping, place the coconut flour, cinnamon and erythritol in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Add the butter and mix with your hands, gently, so that the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of the cake mixture into the muffin cases and spread evenly
- Scatter a few chopped strawberries
- Spoon a tablespoon of the cheesecake mixture on top of the strawberries
- Repeat with another layer of strawberries, cake mixture and cheesecake mixture.
- Sprinkle the streusel crunble topping evenly on top
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool, then place in the fridge to firm