These keto pecan cookies are a delicate cookie that firm up nicely the next day. With a crunchy pecan crust and a pecan centre these are low carb cookies for pecan lovers.
If you enjoy low carb cream cheese cookies and pecans then this is the low carb cookie recipe for you. The cream cheese helps give these pecan cookies an almost shortbread texture which firm up to a delicious crunch the next day.
Carbs in pecans
Pecans are a great low carb nut with just 1 gram of net carbs per 1 oz (28 grams) serving. As well as being low in carbs pecans are a great source of vitamins, calcuim and minerals.
How to make keto pecan cookies
You will need two muffin tins to make these cookies in order to keep a circular shape. As the cookie dough is very rich and delicate, I found that baking them on a baking tray lead to the cookies spreading.
The soft cookie dough is made into two logs as I found it easier to handle dough rather than just one log. Rolled in chopped pecan nuts, it is then placed in the freezer or fridge to firm up. Once the dough is firm, it's just slice and bake! I popped a pecan half on top for decoration and another extra crunch.
More low carb pecan recipes
Keto Pecan Cookies
- 2 cups pecans
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup erythritol
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Coating & Decoration
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 20 pecan halves
- Place the pecans into a food processor and blitz until the pecans have become like small breadcrumbs.
- Add the cream cheese, butter, erythritol, baking powder and salt. Blitz until the mixture is blended into a very soft dough.
- Remove the soft mixture and using damp hands roll into two logs.
- Place the chopped pecans on two squares of parchment paper.
- Roll each cookie dough log into the chopped pecans for a coating.
- Wrap the cookie dough logs in parchment paper and place in the freezer for 30 minutes or the fridge for 2 hours to firm up.
- Lightly spray two muffin tins.
- Remove the cookie rolls from the fridge/freezer and cut intohalf inch slices. Place the circular slice into the muffin tins and press a pecan half in the centre of each cookie.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes at 180C/350F degrees until the edges are golden.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the muffin tin.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.