Flower shaped keto lemon cookies are filled with a sugar free lemon curd for a low carb spring treat.
Quick and easy, these almond flour cookies are a fun activity to enjoy with the kids too.
How to make mini keto lemon cookies
The dough for these cookies is made with almond flour and butter. Add powdered sweetener and a dash of vanilla extract.
I used flower shape cookie cutters which are big enough to cover a mini muffin tin. You could use another shape but I liked the daisy shape they made.
Gently place the cut cookie shape into the muffin tin and press down in the centre to make a well.
For the filling, I used my lemon curd recipe. This is just eggs, butter, lemon and sweetener. When lemons are in season here, I always have a batch of lemon curd in the fridge!
The almond flour could be replaced with walnut flour or pecan flour. Coconut flour is not advisable in this recipe as it will make a dry cookie.
Instead of using lemon curd for the filling, try some strawberry chia jam.
Store the cookies in the fridge in a sealed container and they should last up to 3 - 4 days.
More low carb cookie recipes to enjoy
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information
Keto Lemon Flower Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees and lightly grease amini muffin tin (I use a silicone tin for ease of removal).
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and the powdered sweetener.
- Add the almond flour and vanilla extract and mix until you have a soft cookie dough.
- Roll out the cookie dough between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Using a daisy shape cookie cutter, cut out the cookie shapes
- Gently press the flower shapes into a mini muffin tin so there is a slight well.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the edge of the cookies are golden.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and gently poke the middle to allow the filling to fit when cool.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Spoon sugar free lemon curd into the centre of the flour cookies. Decorate with a berry (optional).