Keto Halloween cookies are made with almond flour and iced into mummies and skeletons. A spooky low carb, sugar free, egg free and gluten free Halloween treat.
For a healthier Halloween trick or treat, baking a batch of cookies is a great option. The cookie dough is based on our almond flour butter cookie recipe and seasoned with pumpkin spice.
Trick or Treat?
Your kids will be tricked into eating a healthy cookie for Halloween, you enjoy a low carb treat at just 2g net carbs a cookie.
If you were looking for a low carb adult treat, sip on a keto pumpkin spice martini.
How to make keto halloween cookies
These low carb Halloween treats are easy and quick to make with just 4 ingredients. A cream cheese icing is used to decorated them into mummies and skeletons.
For the cookie shapes we used a medium gingerbread man cutter.
- Almond flour - use finely ground almond flour, not almond meal.
- Allulose - we used allulose for the sweetener as powdered low carb sweetener does not harden with any icy after taste. If you have granular low carb sweetener, run it through a coffee grinder.
- Butter - this must be soft as it binds the other ingredients without an egg.
- Pumpkin spice - If you don't want to use this, try ginger spice or cinnamon.
Be careful not to burn the bottoms of these cookies. Keep an eye on the cooking time as ovens can vary. We would recommend that the cookies are baked in the middle oven shelf too.
The cookie recipe could be used for other Halloween shapes. Try circles and ice spooky faces or spiders on them.
The cookies are very delicate when baked and still warm. Allow them to completely cool before handling them for icing. If you need to speed up the cooling, place them in the fridge for 30 minutes.
For the eyes I used a drop of black food colouring and added it to a small amount of icing. Small chocolate chips could be used too.
Any bad icing for skeletons can be covered by turning them into mummies (my skills are not the best, but I was racing against the heat to make these).
More keto Halloween recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information
Keto Halloween Cookies
- 6 tablespoons allulose or other low carb sweetener
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon cream
Make the Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and the allulose/powdered sweetener
- Add the almond flour and pumpkin spice and mix until you have a soft cookie dough.
- Place the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Roll out the cookie dough between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Using a cookie cutter (we used a gingerbread man cutter), cut out the cookie shapes and place them on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the edge of the cookies are golden.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool completely before eating.
Make the Icing
- In a medium bowl, add the icing ingredients and mix into a smooth paste.
- Spoon into an icing bag and pipe your mummy or skeleton design.
- If you have any black icing colour, add that to a small amount of the icing and pipe the eyes on.
- Trick or treat!