Add flavour and crunch to your arugula and strawberry salad with Feta cheese and sliced almonds for a hearty low carb salad packed full of flavour, colour and texture.
Salads can be more exciting than the standard lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber. Up your salad game with the taste and colour of a summer strawberry salad. This is an easy salad with nutrient-rich ingredients that make you feel like you are indulging, whilst following a keto diet.
What dressing to use on this arugula and strawberry salad with Feta?
I made this salad with my keto raspberry vinaigrette in mind as the tangy taste dances on the strong arugula without overpowering it too much. But you could equally enjoy this salad with a simple dressing of olive oil and Dijon mustard. Perhaps a squeeze of lemon too.
Suggestions for additional seasoning and substitutions:
This strawberry arugula salad is divine by itself but you can take it up a wow! factor with additional ingredients or a replacement if you don't have all the ingredients to hand.
- Add avocado
- Add grilled chicken
- Replace the almonds with walnuts, pinenuts or toasted pecans
- If you don't have arugula, baby spinach will do
- Feta can be replaced with goats cheese
- Sprinkle with hemp seeds for extra protein
Arugula and strawberry salad with Feta
- 4 cups arugula
- 6 strawberries cut into slices
- 2 oz Feta cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons almond slices toasted for extra flavour
- In salad bowl, add the ingredients and toss.
- Drizzle with a dressing and serve immediately.
- Use my low carb raspberry dressing or a salad dressing of your choice