A kale frittata makes a hearty dish and with red pepper makes a colourful plate.
As you will know by now, I love a frittata. It’s my “let’s whip up something quick dish”. I had bunches of kale lying around, as you do, so thought I’d use it in a frittata in place of spinach. It tasted better than I had anticipated and even the Chief Taster munched a large piece for lunch. It was colourful and tasty – just as I like my food!
Kale, Red Pepper & Onion and Feta Frittata
2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
1 red onion, peeled and chopped into slices
1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
2 large handfuls kale
4oz feta cheese
1 tomato, diced
1/2 tspn salt
1/2 tspn black pepper
2-3 tblspn olive oil
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Gently saute the garlic and onion for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the red pepper and cook for a further 3-5 minutes.
- Add the tomato and kale and cook until the kale has slightly wilted.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, season with the salt and pepper, then crumble in the feta cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture into the frying pan and cook until the bottom of the mixture is set.
- Place the frying pan under a pre-heated grill and cook until the top of the frittata is set.
- Eat and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss another recipe!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun!