This jalapeno popper pizza recipe has a favourite keto appetiser made as a pizza topping. I’ve slathered a low carb pizza base with cream cheese filled sliced jalapenos for a tasty low carb and gluten free meal.
Jalapenos are one of my preferred pizza toppings as I like a touch of heat in my food. Since jalapeno poppers are also one of my favourite appetisers, I thought I would add them as a pizza topping. A perfect combination if you love pizza and jalapenos!
The heat of the jalapenos goes well with the smoothness of the cream cheese. I do find that jalapenos can vary in heat though. Sometimes I could eat them raw without breaking a sweat, other times they have me curled up and whimpering. I guess it depends where they come from. Always wear gloves when chopping them though.
FATHEAD DOUGH PIZZA
For the pizza base I use the fabulously low carb Fathead dough. If you wanted a pizza base with less cheese then try a coconut flour & psyllium husk powder base. It bakes thin and thanks to the psyllium husk powder has a dough like quality to it.
HOW TO MAKE A JALAPENO POPPER PIZZA
You could add bacon to this or perhaps pieces of chicken, but I just wanted the jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese. Another variation is that you could add cream cheese to the pizza base sauce too. Take the recipe of a jalapeno popper and have fun with it!
OTHER JALAPENO RECIPES TO TRY:
Jalapeno Popper Pizza
- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese grated
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup Marinara sauce low carb
- 3 jalapeno peppers sliced
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese grated
Preheat the oven to 220C/425F degrees.
- Place the mozzarella and cream cheese in a bowl. Either zap in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and zap for another 30 seconds. If the mixture has not melted, then give it another blast in the microwave. If you don’t have a microwave, place the bowl over a saucepan of boiling water and stir until melted.
- Once the cheese has melted stir well.
- Add the egg, seasoning, baking powder and almond flour.
- Stir until you have a dough mixture.
- Place the dough onto a piece of parchment paper, then lay another piece of parchment paper on top.
- Roll out the dough into a pizza shape. Remove the top baking paper.
Prick the pizza base with fork holes (it will rise otherwise).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.
Remove from the oven and spread the Marinara sauce over the base
- Scatter chopped jalapeno slices over the sauce.
- Fill the jalapeno slices with cream cheese.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the jalapeno slices.
- Cover the topping with the mozzarella cheese
- Return to the oven and bake for a further 5 minutes until the cheese has melted (You could place the pizza under the grill for this step too).
Slice, eat and enjoy!