A savoury coconut flour muffin that is flavoured with halloumi cheese and mint. Halloumi and mint usually appear together in a salad but I’ve seen a Greek bread recipe combining these too flavours so thought I’d try it in a savoury muffin form.
The lemon gives the flavours a boost but you might want to add more or perhaps some preserved lemon to the mixture. The smell of these baking made we wish for “smell-o-vision” as the smell was fantastic and I wish I could share it with you. Who needs air freshners when you have a muffin or two baking in the oven!
As well as being a low carb snack, I find that savoury muffins are a great substitute for bread rolls when having soup. As these are high in fibre they are very filling so you may only need one or two to make that bowl of soup into a hearty meal.
- 1 cup grated halloumi cheese
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 tblspns fresh chopped mint
- 2 lemons - rind and juice
- ½ tspn salt
- ¼ tspn baking soda
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- In a bowl mix the eggs, water and melted butter.
- Add the coconut flour, salt, baking soda,lemon rind & juice and seasoning to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Gently stir in the halloumi and mint and combine well.
- Spoon into a muffin tin, lined with cases.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until the tops are slightly golden.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Nutritional Info per muffin:200 Calories: 16g Fat: 3g Net Carbs: 6g Total Carbs: 3g Fibre: 9g Protein
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss another recipe!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun! https://www.facebook.com/DivaliciousRecipes
If you make this, share it! Tag your photo on Instagram with #divaliciousrecipes