A pumpkin snack flavoured with sage and garlic. Best eaten warm.
This makes for a fabulous starter or snack. It is very morish and the fried sage goes so well with the pumpkin. The garlic rub on the pumpkin is just wonderful. Bright, colourful, tasty..what more could a Diva want!
- 600g pumpkin
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3-4 tblspns olive oil
- 12 sprigs of fresh sage
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the sage. Shallow fry for 1-2 minutes until they are crunchy. Drain on kitchen paper and put aside.
- Peel the skin from the pumpkin and remove the seeds. Cut the flesh into long, thin pieces.
- Crush the garlic to a paste and add some salt. Smear this paste thinly on each side of the pumpkin slices.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the pumpkin slices for about 3 minutes on each side, until lightly brown and crisp.
- Remove from the pan, serve and garnish with the fried sage.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Nutritional Information per serving - 248 Calories, 20g Fat, 3g Protein, 17g Total Carbs, 3g Fibre, 14g Net Carbs