Flaxseed pancakes that the Chief Taster also enjoyed this which is for a first with a dish made with flaxseed! It does not have the slimy taste that flaxseed sometimes gives. The cinnamon helps too.
This recipe is from the Low Carb Friends site and is something I've been enjoying for a while. They are very filling and I can often only manage two at a time. You may want to half the mixture if you are cooking for one. You may want to add a bit more sweetener for your own tastes or alternatively slather a stack of these with cinnamon butter or cream! At 1g net carbs per pancake this is a great low carb breakfast.
6 tblspn ground flaxseed
1 tspn cinnamon
1 tspn baking powder
2 tblspn cream (or coconut milk)
1-2 tblspn erythritol (or sweetener of your choice)
1 tspn vanilla extract
1/4 tspn salt
2 tblsp water
Oil or butter to cook the pancakes
- In a bowl place the ground flaxseed, cinnamon, baking powder and salt together and mix.
- Add the eggs, cream, water, vanilla extract and erythritol (or sweetener of your choice) and mix well until a thick batter is produced.
- Heat the oil or butter in a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Gently spoon about 1/4 cup of pancake mixture into the frying pan and cook until bubbles have appeared and the mixture seems firm (about 2-3 minutes).
- Flip over and cook the other side for 2-3 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!
Makes 6 Pancakes
Nutrition: Per pancake: 78 Calories; 6g Fat; 4g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carb