An egg curry is a great vegetarian dish that is full of spice and protein.
This is a curry based on South Indian recipe. South Indian cooking use coconut which is just perfect for me and my love of coconut and all that is healthy about it. This is a creamy, spicy curry and a great way to enjoy eggs.
5 hard boiled eggs
2 onions, peeled and thinly sliced
2 tspn fresh ginger, cut into thin slices
3 – 4 green chillies, deseeded and chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1 cup coconut cream
1/2 tspn tumeric powder
1 tspn garam masala powder
1 tblspn coconut oil
1/4 tspn mustard seeds
2 dried red chillis, chopped
- Heat the coconut oil in a saucepan and add the mustard seeds and red chillis. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes until soft.
- Add the ginger, green chillies and curry leaves and cook until the onion is golden in colour.
- Add the tumeric and garam masala powder. Saute for a minute, then add the chopped tomato. Cook for a minute.
- Add the coconut cream and cook on a medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the eggs and cook for a further minute.
- Eat and enjoy!