This Cuban salad combines avocado, radishes, tomatoes and onion together to make a very refreshing salad. It's easy to make and is very refreshing. The dressing is fresh and uplifting too.
A salad that is full of colour and looks good enough to eat! Part of the fun is the assembling of the salad but you could change how I have it if you are feeling creative enough. I had difficulty restraining myself from munching the whole plate in one sitting!
It needs to be eaten pretty soon after making as the avocado may start to discolour. If you wanted to bring this salad to a pot luck then toss the avocado in some lemon juice first to stop the discolourization.
- 1 head of lettuce I used Romaine
- 2 to matoes sliced
- 1 Avocado sliced
- ½ red onion peeled and finely sliced
- 6 radishes sliced
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- Mix the dressing ingredients.
- Shred the lettuce and place on a serving dish or plate.
- Arrange the avocado on the centre.
- Place the onion around the avocado.
- Place the radish slices over the onion.
- Finish with the tomatoes around the outside edge of the plate.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Serves 2 - 4