This easy crustless quiche is full of asparagus, artichokes and goat’s cheese. It’s simple to make and a delicious lunch or brunch.
The combination of asparagus and artichokes gives this crustless quiche a lovely taste of summer. Ideal for a picnic or an addition of a BBQ. The goat’s cheese is a strong flavour, but you could use a softer flavoured cheese, such as brie instead.
Enjoy this crustless asparagus quiche warm, straight from the oven or cooled on a flower filled meadow on a picnic blanket.
A crustless quiche makes a great low carb dish and and you won’t even miss a crust with this delicious flavour combination.
Cook the asparagus before adding to the quiche!
This will help enhance the flavour of the asparagus and eating raw vegetables in a quiche is not very desirable. Par-boil the asparagus or you could even stir fry it. The asparagus needs to be slightly soft but not too mushy.
Other Asparagus Recipes
Crustless Asparagus, Artichoke & Goats Cheese Quiche
- 12 stalks asparagus
- 105 ml artichokes, chopped in jar
- 85 grams goats cheese
- 8 eggs
- 3 tablespoons cream heavy/whipped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F
- Grease a pie dish
- Line a baking tin with greaseproof paper, with a piece much larger than the tin, so that the sides are covered.
- Place the asparagus in a saucepan of water and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes until the asparagus is tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the cream and season.
- Place the asparagus and artichokes in the pie dish
- Crumble in the goat's cheese.
- Pour in the egg mixture and bake for 30 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!