I just love flaxseed. It gives a nice wholemeal taste and texture to baked goods. It is also low carb as well as gluten free. The health benefits of flaxseed are amazing and you should have some everyday. These muffins are made with cranberry and spice giving the muffin a nice “wintery” feel to them. I think that they would be nice with an orange cream cheese topping too…mmmm
1 cup whole fresh cranberries
1 1/4 cup flax seed meal
1 tspn baking powder
2 tblspns cinnamon
1 tspn ground nutmeg
1/2 tspn salt
4 large eggs, beaten
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup erthyritol
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 tblspns grated orange peel
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Pour boiling water over the cranberries and leave for 5 minutes. Drain the water and set the berries aside.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients seperately, then mix the two together.
- Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Add the cranberries and mix well.
- Put into well greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven.
- Eat and enjoy!