These cranberry cinnamon flaxseed muffins are great for a delicious low carb winter muffin. Not only are these flaxseed muffins low carb, they are also gluten free.
At only 3g net carbs per these tasty cranberry cinnamon flaxseed muffins make a great breakfast or sweet snack. With a fibre content of 6.6g per muffin they will keep you full and “moving”.
I find that flaxseed gives a great wholemeal taste and texture to low carb baked goods. Ground flaxseeds are one of the lowest carb flours to bake with too and great for those of you who have nut allergies. The health benefits of flaxseed are amazing as they are packed full of nutrients, rich in omega-3 fatty acid ALA, lignans and can help control blood sugar.
KETO CINNAMON MUFFINS – ONLY 3 GRAM NET CARBS
Full of fiber and low in carbs these flaxseed muffins are a great start to the day. Just make sure that you drink plenty of water when eating these muffins.
I served these plain but a drizzle of cream cheese frosting would be utterly delicious. Add some chopped nuts too for a crunchy muffin.
EASY KETO CRANBERRY CINNAMON FLAXSEED MUFFINS RECIPE
This easy flaxseed recipe has a few simple ingredients.
- Ground Flaxmeal – I prefer golden flaxmeal but you can happily use brown flaxmeal. The brown will give a more wholemeal flavour. The photos in this recipe used brown.
- Almond flour – The addition of almond flour gives the muffins an additional flavour and texture.
- Erythritol – I used erythritol for the low carb sweetner. Swerve or Monk fruit would work well too.
- Cinnamon – You can never have enough cinnamon. Don’t be shy with it as flaxseed can take the flavour.
- Butter – I used unsalted butter but if you wanted to make these muffins dairy free, coconut oil works well.
MORE KETO MUFFINS RECIPES
Cranberry Cinnamon Flaxseed Muffins
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted softened
- 1/2 cup erythritol
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Pour boiling water over the cranberries and leave for 5 minutes. Drain the water and set the berries aside.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients separately, then mix the two together.
- Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Add the cranberries and mix well.
- Spoon into well greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven, cool and enjoy