This is now our current favourite, gluten free bread but that tends to change week to week when I make something new! The rosemary in this gives the bread a strong, savoury flavour and is the reason why this is our current favourite. The courgettes (zucchini) keeps the bread lovely and moist too. This was welcomed with approving munching sounds from the husband and disappeared so fast that I may have to bake another loaf tomorrow! This goes lovely with the onion soup too. A marriage of flavours!
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/2 cups almond flour
1 cup grated strong cheese
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup grated courgette (zucchini)
1 tbslpn Rosemary (dried)
filtered water, enough to give the mixture a muffin batter consistency.
- Preheat the oven to 175C/325C
- Beat all ingredients together.
- Pour into a long and narrow loaf tin, lined with paper and well-greased with butter or olive oil.
- Bake at 175C/325F degrees for 15 minutes then 160C/310F for half an hour or until middle of loaf springs back when lightly pushed.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the tin.
- Remove, eat and enjoy!