The thyme in this dish really enhances the flavour of the tomato and makes for a lovely side vegetable dish. Or you could have this as a light supper dish. It is easy to make and looks delightful enough to eat!
1 large courgette (zucchini)
3 ripe tomatoes
25g Parmesan OR Cheddar Cheese
1 tblspn fresh thyme
1 tspn olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Slice the courgettes (zucchini) and tomatoes into slices (about 1/2 cm thick).
- Grease a baking dish with the oil.
- Place the sliced courgettes (zucchini) and tomatoes in single layers in the dish.
- Sprinkle the thyme and cheese on the top. Season to taste.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the vegetables are cooked.
- Eat and enjoy!