A zucchini and cranberry great that is a very moist bread full of goodness. You could add nuts to it too if you wished. It is lovely sliced, toasted and buttered.
Keep this bread in the fridge. I wrap a piece of kitchen towel around it to stop it from drying out.
4 eggs, separated
1 courgette (zucchini) grated
1/2 cup almond butter
1 cup cranberries
1 cup almond meal
2 tblspn honey (or sugar substitute of your choice)
1 1/2 tspn cinnamon
1 1/2 tspn nutmeg, grated
1/4 tspn allspice
1 tspn baking soda
1/4 tspn salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Whip the egg whites until stiff peaks.
- Mix the egg yolks with the other ingredients, except the cranberries.
- Fold in the egg whites and add the cranberries.
- Pour the batter into a well greased bread tin.
- Bake for about 60 minutes until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Cool for 15-20 minutes in the pan.
- Remove, slice, eat and enjoy!