A coconut flour flatbread that is so versatile. You can use this for sandwich wraps, tortillas or even a quick pizza. It’s low carb, paleo, gluten free, egg free, dairy free and vegan so is suitable for most diets.
This coconut flour flatbread is another great use of psyllium husk poweder in a grain free bread recipe and is very easy to make too. Since psyllium and coconut flour are high in fibre this bread is very filling. Make sure you drink a lot of water! You can use this for dipping with sauces, spread with pate or load it up like a open sandwich. Use it like a sandwich wrap, make a mini pizza…just have fun and enjoy it! You could play around with the spices too, perhaps add chillis?
I used a griddle pan to cook them as I liked the markings it gave on the bread too. However, I am currently without a griddle pan so cook it in my frying pan which still gives a great results, just without the pretty lines.
WATCH THE RECIPE VIDEO
Coconut Flour & Psyllium Flatbread
- 1/2 cup Coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons Psyllium Husk powder
- 1.5 oz Coconut oil (or melted butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 Cup Boiling water
- Herbs/garlic powder to flavour optional
- Mix the dry ingredients with a hand whisk.
- Add the oil and blend well. It will look like a nut butter.
- Add the boiling water, half at a time and blend until a dough like mixture forms.
- Divide the mixture into 6 balls.
- Roll the balls between 2 sheets of parchment paper and flatten out.
- Either use them flattened or cut them into a circle with a saucepan lid.
- Dry fry in a pan for 2– 3 minutes each side, until golden.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
[amazon_link asins=’B008RJMXPQ,B011QGTRG4,B00DS842HS,B000YF99GM,B01JENICDA,B002RWUNYM’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’divaliciou04c-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’6cfc582a-683d-11e7-9eee-01bf05e90b32′]