This coconut cherry treat has a brownie like moist feel to it and is lovely slices of coconut goodness with no baking either! The beauty of coconut for me is that it is a sweet treat...add some cherries and cocoa powder for a chocolate taste and I am purring like a warm, well fed kitten!
I made a truly decadent version of this with a chocolate ganach spread on top....this did not last long enough to take a picture of. An excuse to do it again I think! You could use other berries or nuts in this dish, have a play around with your favourite flavours!
2 cups desiccated coconut
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 cup cherries (destoned)
1 tspn cinnamon
¼ cup honey
1 tspn vanilla extract
¼ tspn salt
- Place the coconut in a food processor and blitz until it becomes a soft liquid form.
- Remove and put into a mixing bowl, adding all of the other ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour into a baking dish or tupperware dish and smooth out until even.
- Chill in the refrigerator to firm for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cut into squares, eat and enjoy!