An easy dessert made with coconut butter and strawberries. You could use other berries or even nuts if you wish.
To make coconut butter is as simple as making a nut butter. Simply throw some raw dried shredded coconut into the food processor and blitz until you have a butter spread. Or you can simply purchase a jar of it! Coconut is one of my favourite superfoods as it has a low glycemic index, a high fibre content and contains lauric acid which has antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties. It also improves nutrient absorption!
Making these bars are just so easy and you can play around with the flavours. I uses strawberries here, but raspberries would be equally as delicious. Perhaps add nuts too? Just ensure that you keep it in the fridge to ensure their firmness. Just as you would coconut oil chocolate bars. The option of adding an additional sweetener is entirely up to you as the coconut itself can be sweet enough.
- 16oz coconut butter
- 1 tblspn coconut oil
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1 tspn stevia
- 1/4 cup dried coconut
- Gently melt the coconut butter in a Bain Marie/bowl above warm water, until it softens.
- Add the coconut oil and stevia, and stir well.
- Pour into a greaseproof lined tin or dish. Add the strawberries (I pushed them into the mixture).
- Sprinkle with the dried coconut.
- Place in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
- Cut into squares, eat and enjoy
- Serves about 8-10 squares.
- Nutritional Detail per serving= 294 calories, 28g fat, 3g protein, 12g carbs, 8g fibre (4g net carbs)