This recipe was inspired by a truffle making class I took which introduced me to the joy of adding biscuits to your truffles. However, I used a packet of gluten free biscuits for this recipe as I did not have any homemade to hand. I used a packet of Doves Farm Lemon Zest cookies which were delicious!
The end result is a creamy, buttery, chocolately, biscuity truffle….sheer gorgeousness! I dipped mine in white chocolate but you could use any toppings/dippings with this, as well as spicing the truffles up to your taste.
50g softened butter
100g white chocolate (for dipping, optional)
- Crush the biscuits into crumbs (I use a rolling pin to smash them).
- Add the butter and blend well into a biscuity paste.
- Place into the fridge for 10-15 minutes to firm up slightly.
- Melt half of the chocolate in a bain marie. Remove from the heat and add the remaining chocolate. Beat until all of the chocolate is melted.
- Add the cream and mix well.
- Combine the chocolate mixture with the biscuit mixture and mix well.
- Shape teaspoon sizes of the mixture into ball shapes.
- Melt the white chocolate (optional) and dip the biscuity balls into it.
- Eat and enjoy!