The smell in the kitchen when I was baking these was just divine! If you are trying to sell a house, bake a batch of these for an enticing smell! The beetroot gives the brownies a very moist texture and are much better the next day.
You could alway add chunks of chocolate to these to make them extra chocolately, but I was trying to keep the carbs down as low as possible by using just cocoa powder.
Chocolate Beetroot Brownies
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened it goes without saying!)
1 1/2 cups of cooked and grated beetroot
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup erthyritol (or sugar subsitute of your choice)
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 tblspn vanilla essence
1 tspn ground allspice
1 tspn ground cinnamon
1 tspn baking powder
1/2 tspn salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Whisk the eggs until fluffy, then add the coconut milk and mix well.
- Add the butter and vanilla essence and beat well.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl (the coconut flour, the cocoa powder, seasonings and baking powder).
- Add the beetroot to the egg mixture and stir well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the beetroot mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a greaseproof lined baking tray and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!
Makes 9 brownies
Nutrition: Per Brownie : 153 Calories; 12g Fat; 3g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 5g Net Carb
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss another recipe!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun!