A cauliflower frittata recipe flavoured with sage making this low carb and gluten free dish utterly delicious. It is a simple dish to make and is great with a side salad, either cold or hot.
I used creme fraiche for the frittata mix, but if you don't have this sour cream will work. Sour cream is a single cream that has had a bacterial culture added to it, whereas creme fraiche is double cream, similarly cultured but made from cream with a high fat content. A perfect cream for a low carb and keto diet.
This is a tasty, filling frittata with one of my favourite vegetables, the glorious cauliflower. The sage has a great taste but you could always substitute this with another herb if you wish. It is lovely for lunch or supper and is a great lunch box filler too. Omit the optional Parmesan cheese to keep this recipe Paleo too. Simple to make, yummy to eat!
- 1/2 Cauliflower (about 250-300g)
- 1 Onion Peeled & Sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic Peeled & finely chopped
- 8-10 Sage leaves
- 6 Eggs Medium
- 1/4 cup (60g) Creme fraiche or sour cream
- 1/4 cup (56g) Butter unsalted
- 1/4 cup (25g) Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and gently sauté the onion, garlic and cauliflower for about 10 minutes until the onion is golden.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and add the creme fraiche. Season to taste.
- Scatter the sage over the cauliflower mix.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cauliflower and add the Parmesan (if using).
- Bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes until firm and fluffy.
- Eat and enjoy!