These is a great way to sneak vegetables into you and your loved one's diet...mash it up, fry it, call it a fritter and watch them munch them happily. I use sage as the main flavouring but you could change this with your favourite spice or herb.
I use coconut flour to help bind the ingredients as it is great for sucking up the moisture, but you could use any flour of your choice. You would need to add more of it though.
1/2 head broccoli, cut into florets
1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
1 egg, beaten
1 tblspn thyme
2 tblspn sage, finely chopped
3 tblspn coconut flour
salt and pepper
3 tblspns olive oil
- Place the broccoli and cauliflower in a saucepan, add water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Drain and mash the vegetables.
- Add the herbs, flour and egg and mix well.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan.
- Made small patties of the vegetable mixture and fry until golden on each side.
- Eat and enjoy!