This moist keto pound cake is flavoured with blackberries and lemon for a sweet but sharp taste. Baked with coconut flour it surprisingly light due to the addition of sour cream.
I had some blackberries and sour cream left over in the fridge and thought that I could either (a) Eat them together in a bowl (b) Make a cake. The Chief Taster's choice won, so I decided that I would try a low carb pound cake with coconut flour and added some lemon to give the cake a bit more flavour.
Is sour cream keto?
Thankfully sour cream is fine for a keto lifestyle. It's one of my favourite dairy products and part of my weekly grocery shop! According to the USDA, 12g of sour cream (a tablespoon) has 2.3 g fat, 0.3 g protein, and 0.5 g carbohydrates, with only 24 calories.
How to make a low carb pound cake
This is an easy cake to make. You mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another bowl. Then combine the two and a sour cream pound cake is ready to bake!
The ingredients use to make this cake are in the photo below.
Making a keto sour cream pound cake
I used a 1 pound loaf tin measuring 8. 5 x 4. 5 x 2. 75 inches. The one I used has high edges and seems to always give great results.
If you don't have blackberries, blueberries would be a great substitution.
More keto cake recipes
This recipe was originally published in 2014. I've updated the photos and tweaked the recipe.
Blackberry, Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs in another bowl, and then add the melted butter, sour cream, rind and juice of the lemons and the vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and stir thoroughly. Add the blackberries and mix well.
- Pour into a greased and parchment paper lined 1lb loaf tin.
- Bake for 60 minutes until golden and firm. It may take an extra 5 or 10 minutes depending upon your oven.
- Allow to cool before removing cake from the tin.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information