This sugar free blackberry chia jam is a quick and easy jam to make. In just 10 minutes you can make a low carb and gluten free jam.
Out of all my low carb chia jams, this blackberry is our favourite, possibly because the berries keep their shape when cooked more than strawberries and raspberries. Who doesn't like chunky jam?
The best thing about using chia seeds to make a berry jam is when the chia seeds swell, they take on the appearance of a berry seed.
How to make blackberry jam with chia seeds
This recipe is simply berries, chia seeds, a low carb sweetener and water. For the low carb sweetener I used a monkfruit/erythritol blend but any low carb sweetener can be used.
It's as simple as adding the berries, sweetener and water to a saucepan, heat until the berries are soft. Remove from the heat and stir in the chia seeds. Once the chia seeds have worked their magic and are swollen you are ready for jam!
More Sugar Free Chia Seed Recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information
Blackberry Chia Jam
- 6 oz blackberries fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons monkfruit/erythritol sweetener or other low carb sweetener
- 2-4 tablespoons water
- Place the blackberries in a saucepan on a medium heat, add the water and bring to the boil.
- Simmer and add the monkfruit/erythritol. Cook for 5 minutes until the blackberries are soft.
- Remove from the heat and add the chia seeds. Stir thoroughly (add more water if need be).
- Let stand for 10 minutes for the chia seeds to absorb the liquid. Ideally allow to cool before use.
- Spoon into a jar and store in the fridge for a week (with jar lid on)