A sweet and salty salad that is bright and tempting on your plate. I prefer this warm but cool is just as tasty.
The sweetness of the beetroot goes very well with the salty taste of the Halloumi. This salad is best eaten as soon as it is ready too, otherwise the cheese will harden..it’s a lot nicer still warm and soft. If you are having a bbq, you could cook the Halloumi and beetroot over the coals/gas. Otherwise, this is just as nice under a regular grill. The colours are a great combination too…food should be pretty enough to eat!
Beetroot, Halloumi and Green Bean Salad
250g green beans, topped and tailed
350g Halloumi cheese, cut into 5mm thick slices
2 x 250g pack cooked beetroot, sliced
3 tblspn olive oil
3 tblspns olive oil
1 tblspns balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper
- Mix all the dressing ingredients and blend well.
- Blanch the green beans, then rinse in cold water.
- Pre- heat the grill (or bbq).
- Brush the Halloumi and beetroot with the olive oil, place on a baking tray and grill for 5 minutes each side until the Halloumi is golden and the beetroot is wrinkled. (Or place on the bbq). I lined my tray with greaseproof paper to avoid the cheese from sticking.
- Place the beans, Halloumi and beetroot in a bowl and pour the dressing over.
- Eat and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss another recipe!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun!