This is a delicious, filling and healthy salad with a great dressing. Make a change from a lettuce, tomato and cucumber salad and up your game!
I saw some tins of palm hearts at one of my regular stores at a very reasonable price so threw a few in my trolley, thinking that I could make a few salad dishes with them. First, I made this salad which has a delicious coriander/cilantro dressing which brings a needed “tang” to the dish. You could try another herb but I think this works the best. It’s an unusual salad so bring it along to a pot luck or picnic to be the talk of the town as it is delicious!
I placed the salad on a bed of lettuce for a base to the salad. It doesn’t matter what lettuce you use as long as it’s one you like! I added a touch of erythritol to the dressing as it was a bit too sharp without it for my taste. Taste the dressing before you serve it to be sure!
- 1 14oz can palm hearts, cut into cubes
- 2 avocados, peeled, stone removed and cut into cubes
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small head of lettuce
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and roughly cut
- 1 bunch fresh coriander/cilantro
- 3 tblspn lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tspn salt
- 1/2 tspn erthyritol (or other sugar substitute)
- • Line a serving dish with the lettuce
- • Place all of the dressing ingredients into a blender or use a hand blender and blitz until combined.
- • In a bowl, place the palm hearts and avocado. Pour the dressing over and mix well, ensuring that all pieces are coated.
- • Place the palm hearts and avocado over the lettuce.
- • Serve immediately.
- • Eat and enjoy!
- Nutrition per serving: 417 Calories; 39g Fat; 6g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 11g Dietary Fiber; 7g Net Carb