I have been reaching for my simple salad recipes. This salad is enhanced by the mint and yoghurt dressing which lifts the flavours and goes well with the aubergine (eggplant).
I used a griddle frying pan to cook the aubergine (eggplant) but this would be delicious cooked on the BBQ too! Failing that, just grill/broil it!
A simple salad that does not take long to make and is just delicious! Just lovely slathered with the yoghurt dressing too.
Tomato and eggplant go well together in other main dishes, so why not a salad. This is an easy dish to make and full of colour too which is always a good thing! Food should look enticing on your plate.
2 medium aubergines (eggplants)
2 large ripe tomatoes (I like vine ripened), freshly chopped
1 cup flat parsley leaves, chopped
¼ cup natural yoghurt (greek is good too!)
2 tblspns fresh mint, finely chopped
salt and pepper
2-3 tblspns olive oil
- Slice the aubergines (eggplants) into 1cm thick slices. Toss with olive oil.
- Heat up a griddle pan or fire up the BBQ!
- Cook the aubergine until golden and lovely lines are seared across the flesh.
- Leave to cool, then mix in a bowl with the parsley and tomatoes. Season to taste.
- Mix the yoghurt and mint together for the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad.
- Eat and enjoy!