I think the cherry tomatoes lift the asparagus in this frittata and gives it a little bit more flavour than a plain asparagus frittata. It’s light, fresh and full of summer. A great frittata for lunch or supper! The joy of asparagus is that it is very low in carbs so you can scoff lots of it!
250g asparagus, trimmed
8 – 10 cherry tomatoes
4 spring onions, trimmed and cut
4 tblspn Parmesan cheese
2 tblspn olive oil
salt and pepper
- Cook the asapargus in boiling water for about 8 – 10 minutes until tender.
- Preheat the grill.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and add the spring onions, asparagus and cherry tomatoes. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Beat the eggs and season to taste. Add the Parmesan Cheese and blend well.
- Add the egg mixture to the pan and cook for about 5 – 8 minutes until the bottom of the frittata is firm and the top nearly set.
- Place until a grill and cook for 2 -3 minutes until the top is golden brown and set.
- Eat and enjoy!