A muffin with autumn flavours and made from almond flour.
I am enjoying baking with almond flour as I think it gives a lovely moist muffin and cake. For this dish I used a simple muffin recipe and added some grated apple and a couple of blackberries. The apples make the muffin very moist and the blackberries give the muffins a bit of zing ! Gluten free goodness in a muffin!
To me, the combination of apples and blackberries reminds me that summer is over and autumn is around the corner. Particulary apt today for me, as I have just switched our central heating on..autumn is now here! eeek!
1/2 cup yoghurt
1/4 cup erythritol
2 1/2 cups almond flour
1/4 tspn salt
1/2 tspn baking soda
1 tspn vanilla essence
1/2 tspn cinnamon
2 grated Bramley apples
- Preheat the oven to 160C/310F degrees.
- Mix the yoghurt, eggs and erythritol together.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the grated apples to the mixture and stir.
- Pour the mixture into a muffin tin (either in cases or a well greased tin).
- Push a couple of blackberries into each muffin mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes until firm.
- Eat and enjoy!