I assume that most low carbers still have a hankering for bread. I have to still walk past the bread section in Spinneys and try not to look at their olive bread for fear of sobbing loudly. I found a great recipe that has worked out really well as a replacement and now I can walk smugly past the bread section in the supermarket. It is great with cashew nut hummus too. And we now have a bread to dip into soups! Woohoo! I make the almond flour by grinding almonds in a food processor….plain almonds and those with the skin still on both work well for this bread recipe.
3 1/2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tspn baking soda
1 cup natural yoghurt
1/4 tspn salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Grease the insides of a loaf tin with butter.
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Or throw it into a food processor.
- Put the dough mix into the loaf tin and bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool in the pan, remove, eat and enjoy!
Nutrition: Per slice (10 slices) : 275 Calories; 24g Fat; 10g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 5g Net Carb