If you enjoy almond slices, you will enjoy this as it tastes very similar. The cake itself, is very moist, and best kept in the refrigerator. I used chia seed jam for this but you could used any other low carb/low sugar jam instead.
3/4 cup almond flour
1/3 cup erthyritol
1/8 tspn salt
1/4 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
1/2 tspn baking powder
1/4 tspn baking soda
1/3 cup sour cream
2 tblspns heavy cream
1 tspn vanilla
3 oz cream cheese
2 tblspn erthyritol
1/8 tspn almond extract
1 egg white
1/3 cup raspberry jam
1/3 cup slice almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees. Grease a 8-inch cake tin.
- In a medium bowl, mix the almond flour, 1/3 cup erythritol and salt.
- Add in the butter with your hands until you get coarse crumbs. Set aside 1/2 of the crumb mixture for the topping and keep it chilled until required.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, sour cream, heavy cream, vanilla and whole egg to the remaining almond crumb mixture. Whisk until well blended. Pour into the cake tin.
- In the same mixing bowl, whisk the cream cheese, 2 tablespoons erythritol, almond extract and the egg white until smooth. Pour the mixture all over the cake batter.
- Distribute the jam in small dollops all over the top of the cake batter. Sprinkle the reserved crumble topping and sliced almonds over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the cake is golden brown and the top springs back when lightly touched. Cool before serving.
- Eat and enjoy!
Makes 8 servings