A creamy eggplant dip that is great with some crackers or breadsticks. I used a low carb tortilla as a flat bread and dipped away like it was my last meal.
This recipe had been on my list of things to make for a while and I kick myself for not trying it earlier. It was just delicious and the Chief Taster tucked into it which was a surprise when I mentioned “eggplant”.
This would also be a great accompaniment to grilled fish or meat. Serve it as a side the next time you have a bbq. If you are not afraid of a bit of garlic, add another clove!
A tip for buying eggplants. Select the lighter one. The heavier they are, the more filled with seeds they are and that’s what makes them bitter.
This makes a large bowl so would happily serve 4 people who are not afraid to dip!
- 2 eggplants
- 3 tblspn olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 7oz greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1/4 tspn cumin
- salt and pepper
- 2-3 tblspns parsley finely chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C/370F degrees.
- Prick the skins of the eggplants with a fork and place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 45 minutes until soft.
- Cool, then cut the eggplants in half lengthways and remove flesh with a spoon.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan on a medium heat and add the eggplant. Cook for 5 minutes until slightly golden.
- Place the eggplant into a food processor and add the lemon juice. Blend until smooth.
- Add the yoghurt, then the garlic and cumin. Season to taste.
- Chill in the refridgerator for at least an hour.
- Serve with the parsley and a dash of cumin on top.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Nutritional Info per 1/8th - 91 Calories, 6g Fat, 2g Protein, 8g Total Carbs, 2g Fibre, 6g Net Carbs